COVID-19 UPDATE 3/19/20:
Our top priority is the health and safety of our residents and our wonderful staff who care for them. We are carefully following the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and following guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), local health departments and regulatory agencies.
Currently, we are following the CDC's guideline: visitation restricted to essential visitors.
We understand this is a stressful time for everyone, and that people want to spend time with their loved ones. We encourage you to find other ways to communicate with seniors in our communities via Facetime, cell phones, email, Skype, etc. Let's work together to keep our residents safe.
These following protocols have been thoughtfully made in the best interest of our residents:
- Visitation restricted to essential visitors.
- All essential visitors (i.e. medical personnel) must enter through front entrance, pass a screening, and wear a mask and gloves during entire visit.
- Our residents happily isolated to their apartments while we do our part to observe social distancing.
- Three hot, delicious meals delivered daily to each resident.
- Education to residents about self-care (handwashing, coughing etiquette, social distancing)
- Additional training to staff about infection control, disinfecting and housekeeping
- Restricting staff from working if they have symptoms of any respiratory illness
- Suspending group activities
- Increasing food and supply levels
- Increased frequency of sanitizing
- Reviewing and reinforcing infection control protocols
- Deliveries are accepted outside the main entrance (vendors, Fed Ex, families bringing items, etc)
We are thankful for our dedicated team who deliver compassionate care every day. Thank you for your support and partnership with us to protect our seniors.